RSS

Because Pekka Said So [tired random rambles]

Pekka told me that I should blog again this month, so I figured I better get around to it...

Actually, I'm in my FYS right now and just don't feel like paying attention. Class has gotten to the point of monotony. I'll have to wait to actually post this until later, though, because my stupid internet refuses to connect without an ethernet cable plugged in. Nate tried to fix it during the break between the Stagecraft test and Drafting, but couldn't :(

A little more self-loathing occuring today (and somewhat yesterday). I don't know what I'm doing WRONG, per se... I'm just not apparently doing anything RIGHT. In that way, I'm kind of jealous of Katie. I don't know what about her makes her so perfectly likeable, but she's the kind of person almost everyone knows and likes. I wish I could be like that, but alas... doesn't seem likely to happen :( She was sick today and yesterday, and I felt bad for her; she's been sick on some of the worst days, and it's not simple-sick, it's like ear infections and strep; possibly mono. She still had to come in to test and draft, and she was kind of out-of-it, and was hilarious in her incoherence. She's been really worried about some things, though, like missing Acting yesterday on monologue performance day, and that's exceeding the absentee limit, and then she spilled some tea on her drafting at 9:00 pm, and was worried she'd have to redo it. On top of that, she's getting tested for mono, and might have recurring strep. Poor her :(

Wow, I'm brain-dead. This is a highly uninteresting post, and I'm hungry. Want food plox. Can has?

I'm supposed to be writing about something somehow related to my paper (wasn't listening), so I'm writing here instead, yay!

I think I need a new desktop background, it's still Ascule and Que Filles from Kiddy Grade 2... I kind of want some sort of photograph; maybe a waterfall, or some scenery from New Zealand or Laos.

I'm pretty much finished signing up for classes for next semester; I just need to figure out if the over-ride my advisor tried to give me for Intro to Design and Sound Design worked (and I don't have the internet ATM, so I can't check). I'm also taking Costuming, Reading/Writing Children's Literature, and Principles of either Micro or Macro economics.. I can't remember which one, though. I need to take them both for a business minor... meaning that I don't have class until 11 am on Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:30 on Tuesday/Thursday, and 2:00pm on Fridays. Yay! This'll get 3 requirements for my major out of the way, 1 for my minor, and 1 class for fun :3 I should have a total of 17 credits when I include my Technical Practicium, which is a good thing.

My Amazon and Ebay purchases have started arriving in the mail now! I finally got "Fall of the Kings", which I've been looking for for ages - I'm so excited, I love the authors' work :D I also got "Seraphim Call" (DVD) yesterday, and I should have the first season of Maria-sama ga Miteru showing up soon. I also won two eBay auctions - a great deal on the original release + final box for all the discs of My-HiME, so I can then make back half of that by selling my perfect condition copies of three of the DVDs. I also got the starter set for Mai-Otome; the other DVDs (and special edition Zwei!) are on my wishlist.

Speaking of Mai-Otome, the third and final episode of Mai-Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ comes out Friday; hopefully the fansubbers will get it up pretty quickly; I enjoyed the first two episodes... barring, of course, the pervert who'll probably end up being Arika's father *sigh* Why does Sunrise feel that the My-HiME project needs to pair up the main characters (who are awesome) with guys who are pervy geeks?

Answer: Because that's the Japanese demographic they're aiming for. Nevermind that all their overseas profit pretty much comes from females. I mean, they have My-HiME, where Mai spends half the series with a major crush on Reito and hating Tate. Then all of a sudden she falls for Tate, even though Reito was interested as well? I mean, sure he was possessed by an evil entity, but he didn't abandon someone who depended on him because a bigger pair of boobs came along. He was also smarter, cooler looking, student-council VP, AND Mikoto's older-brother... so it was a perfect fit (and the hair colours didn't clash as horribly). And that's not even an OTP for me in that series; I'm a ShizNat fangirl! (Come on, psychotic obsessive lesbian who defeats everyone to protect Natsuki? AND she's the student council president. Plus, purple dragon for a CHILD, and a fucking awesome colour-coordinated naginata.) I could go on forever about Takeda's idiocy, but the official canon stated in the conclusion book that she turned him down - for Shizuru-sama! He's just a stupid pervert who'll eventually be destroyed ~ ♥

Yes, my priorities are well in order.

0 comments: